A.D. Burks opened the Dr Pepper plant in 1931. The Dr Pepper Bottling Company of Dyersburg was founded in 1935 by the late A.D. Burks, grandfather of current company president W. Eddie Burks. A.D. Burks was joined in the business by the late Waymon Burks, father of W Eddie Burks and the late Lynn Burks. W.E. Burks was elected president in 1969 and began serving as CEO.
In 1971 W.E. Burks purchased the Pepsi-Cola franchise. The fourth generation of the company, Mary K. Burks, joined the business in 2004 after graduating from the University of Tennessee Knoxville with a business degree. Mary is currently the Vice President / Chief Operating Officer.
Our company continues to thrive and has received numerous awards in our over 80 years in business including:
- 1996 Dyersburg/Dyer County Chamber - Small Business of the Year
- 2011 Dyersburg/Dyer County Chamber – Large Business of the Year
- 1995 Pepsi-Cola Bottler of the Year Award
- SVAWC, Nation, Inc. Business Award 2007
- Tennessee Soft Drink Association Awards for President, Chairman of the Board and Director at Large
- Awarded in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013 State Award from Dr Pepper Company Special Recognition of Highest Per Capital Sales Achievement in Tennessee
- Dr Pepper Company Award for 75 years in business awarded July 2012